Whenever you're working with automated systems you're almost certainly getting a deluge of daily emails. Gmail's filters can be quite powerful for extracting a signal from this noise, but sometimes it's not enough. For instance, you ran a rolling-restart over your fleet of machines and got an email from each one notifying you about the event. Usually it's important that you know when a machine might be flapping or something, but now you have over 400 emails you want to "mark as read".
It's as easy as this:
- This script was composed using the Gmail Service API and debugged using some of the following troubleshooting-references
Here's how we deploy it to run on your inbox:
- Navigate to Google Apps Scripts to start composing a new script.
- Select "Create Script for Blank Project"
- Paste the code at the beginning of this list into the editor
- Save the project
- Authorize the script to run and test against your email
- Add a trigger for the script to run on under: Resource > Current Project's Triggers